Thursday, February 20, 2014

Content with Not-knowing

I have realized that in the past couple of years I have become more and more content with having fewer and fewer certainties. I have come to the point where I don't believe that any belief, any group, any religion has all the answers (or for that matter anywhere close to a majority of the answers). And, I'm OK with that. It doesn't mean that I'll stop searching for new explanations and information. I find the search for new ideas and explanations to be stimulating and many times enlightening.

I still have my favorite authors and speakers whom I respect greatly, but find myself often disagreeing with something that one may have to say. That is also OK. It doesn't cause me to lose any respect for that person. I enjoy all that each of them have to offer.

2 comments:

  1. The universe is so big and our minds so small....

    ReplyDelete
  2. If everyone in the world had this view we would be much better off :)

    Eva

    ReplyDelete